Thursday, November 27, 2008

Mayan Riviera: Smart Development

I have often been asked, "Why not Cancun?"

(Cancun Beach)

Yes, I have stayed in Cancun. Once. The water was beautiful and the sand was soft. Period. My basic philosophy of "Why not Cancun?" goes back to the quote by James Michener in my previous post: "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home."

(Playa del Carmen (Mayan Riviera) Beach)

Here is a link to a Travel & Leisure article from January 2006 that explains the difference between Cancun and the Mayan Riviera -- even going so far as to tag a new term that has really stuck in my mind: Eco Murder. Read the article HERE.

Cancun Hotel Zone

Mayan Riviera Resort
Cancun Hotels
Mayan Riviera Resort
The Mayan Riviera is the eco-smart choice--encouraging cultural support, acceptance and sustainability in its development.