Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Latin Culture: Backyard Dancing

I recently came across this blog post on "Beach Bum in the Yucatan".  The story and especially the pictures spoke to my heart.  I love backyard dancing! 
(Photo from Beach Bum in the Yucatan)
It reminds me of my time spent living in Argentina and the fun, impromptu dancing we shared with locals whom we met along the way. 

(Tandil, Argentina - I'm being covered up by someone...back in the left...)
I'm telling you, we Americans are cold and snooty when it comes to backyard dancing.  I've NEVER witnessed a backyard dance in the U.S.  Why is that?  Oh, and I definitely love to dance (American Bandstand in the 80's! There has to be video of me out there somewhere!). 

And I guarantee you that somewhere, in some Latin backyard, there is some dancing going on right this very minute!